“Who Are We?”
Established on the shores of Lake Orta (Italy) in 1951 water has always been at the heart of our business.
Our products give life to water, in order to provide useful services and well-being to people. For this reason, our motto is: “WATER E-MOTION”. At home, in the office, at work and wherever water flows, is heated or is cooled - there is a Giacomini product.
In the future, buildings will be less of a "roof over our heads" and more places that are central to our health, well-being, personal and professional relationships, and the planet.
As such, they will become more than just buildings - they will increasingly become environments in which light, temperature and water will be used with greater intelligence and an increased sense of responsibility.
In such a scenario, our mission is to become the leading manufacturer of components and systems that use water to heat & cool the building, manage the consumption of drinking water and heat energy by individuals and extinguish fire. We want to achieve this with minimal impact to the environment.
Giacomini UK Ltd are an evolving business and we are promoting & delivering to market our range of innovative, market leading, best in class & energy saving dynamic balancing family product range along with our comprehensive valve product range.
We Are Giacomini and we would like you to be part of our story.
“Who Are You?”
Role: Sales Engineer/Estimator
Reporting to: Internal Sales & Logistics Manager
Location: UK Head Office, Yate, Bristol
This is an essential role within our UK sales office reporting directly to our Internal Sales & Logistics Manager, supporting our customers and external sales team.
You will be part of a team quoting, planning and designing the valve, underfloor heating and heat interface systems that our parent company Giacomini SpA manufacture. You will ensure exemplar rapport with our customers, whilst ensuring quotes, designs, projects or products are delivered on time, profitably and to our customer’s complete satisfaction.
- Review and analyse specifications & drawings, asking questions of both the customer and sales team whilst remaining commercially aware, so that an accurate and high-quality quotations can be prepared and issued. All the time ensuring we meet all our customer’s needs in a timely manner.
- Estimate & take off from drawings & product selection.
- Work closely with the external sales team to assist in converting quotes to orders. You should be able to converse confidently to fully understand the customers’ requirements and our product range to ensure the best technical and commercial outcomes.
- Track, review, manage and deliver all projects (including subcontracted elements) on time and within budget, taking appropriate action where there are issues and/or risks to ensure the project remains on track. Ensure appropriate checks and controls are in place at each stage of a live project, so that risks and issues are kept to a minimum.
- Encourage and coach junior team members in the role, ensuring they meet the organisational requirements in terms of quoting & pricing, meeting design standards and delivering successful projects.
- Review, input and recommend to the Internal Sales & Logistics Manager how to improve the products, services, processes, and procedures to ensure they are effective and efficient and part of a continuous improvement cycle.
- Any other duties deemed essential for success!
Qualifications: (academic, technical and professional)
• 6 GCSEs at Grade C or above including English and Maths
• 2 A Levels at Grade C or above – preferably in Science subjects and Maths
- BTEC level 2 or 3 – CAD design
- Degree or HND or equivalent in building services or mechanical engineering
- Qualified plumber and/or electrician
- 2 years in a similar role
- 5 years work experience
Experience: (work and tasks)
- Experience of commercial aspects of product and project quoting and control.
- Experience in estimation and pricing projects.
- Experience liaising with sales teams.
- Experience in building and maintaining customer relationships.
- Knowledge and exposure to CAD design and how they produce designs that work
- Experience of managing and delivering a project
- Previous Valve/UFH/HIU experience
- Experience in HVAC systems in commercial/residential & domestic buildings
- Understanding of LPHW, CHW & Water Services system balancing
Skills: (e.g., PC, driving)
- PC literate including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Driving Licence
- Attention to detail
- Friendly outgoing personality with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Advanced Excel
- Project Management
- Negotiation Skills
- Obsessive about customer service.
- The ability to plan and manage time effectively planning and organising skills.
- Great problem solving and logical reasoning skills
- The ability to work as part of a team or individually.
- The ability to think analytically.
- A great attention to detail.
- Proactive with a desire to succeed.
- Strategic thinking
- Innovative and creative
The Internal Sales Engineer/Estimator may spend time at sites and occasionally travel to Italy so the applicant will need to be comfortable with travel. Some nights away from home may be required.
Competitive salary, pension with great company contribution, 25 days holiday, life insurance a flexible working environment.
We are not engaging with recruitment agencies for this role.